GeoFencing Case Study - Retail
Drive awareness, purchase and loyalty among retail shoppers given that:
• Shoppers depend on digital solutions to research and narrow down purchase decisions – both at home and on-the-go
• Mobile is increasingly a shopper’s personal shopping assistant – with 82% of consumers consulting their mobile devices both before and during an on-site shopping moment according to Harvard Business Review [Harvard Business Review Analytics: Micro-moments and the Shopper Journey, December 2015]
Local PagePop has two proven mobile location advertising services that can deliver targeted ads to sway. Our location-based services outperform non-location based ads in driving click through rates (CTR) and enrollment.
Deliver ads using geo-fencing to nd potential buyers in your catchment area. You determine how large you want to set the geo-fence to capture your desired shoppers. Only consumers within the defined areas will be served the ads.
Deliver ads to shoppers who have visited or shopped in your location in the past. It’s real-world retargeting based on actual behavior.
Ways to Implement GeoFencing and GeoRetargeting:
There are many ways you can target potential shoppers. Here are just a few campaign thought starters for inspiration – our team is here to help you brain storm others:
• Target specific shopper types within geo locations – e.g., mothers with young children by promoting relevant inventory in mobile ads.
• Target browsers in your location with special o ers to convert them into buyers
• Re-target past shoppers to entice them to return with special offers
• Use video in 10-, 15- and 30-second mobile spots to spotlight a hot inventory item or special offer
• Leverage contextual location data such as weather or time of year in your ads – e.g., snowy day to
highlight winter coats and apparel
• Include interactive features in your ads – e.g., find your perfect (have a ll in the blank that
retrieves/displays inventory item from your store)
The Case Studies:
Downtown Shopping Galleria
Campaign Length: 1 month
Market Size: Large – Seattle, WA
Background: An upscale shopping center in downtown Seattle that wanted to drive traffic to their retail location for various holiday events.
Solution: Ran a LBA campaign targeting 1 mile around downtown Seattle and other local shopping centers with banners enticing users to click for more info regarding their upcoming events
Impact: 130K impressions
Regional Hardware Store
Campaign Length: 4 weeks
Market Size: Regional (CO, NM, WY)
Background: Was looking to drive in-store Holiday sales with coupon offers and contest entries.
Solution: Used LBA to target the areas immediately surrounding stores with Holiday themed offers and contest entries. Retargeting was used to continue to severe ads to people who had been near one of their hardware store locations.
Impact: 2.4 Million impressions to 41 locations