GeoFencing Case Study - Health Insurance
Drive consideration and enrollment during open enrollment period given that:
• Consumers typically do not think about insurance coverage until the open enrollment period – with more than half (56%) spend less than 30 minutes researching their health insurance options prior to selecting a provider [2015 A ac Open Enrollment Survey, September 2015]
• Most are satisfied with their core benefits, making switching hard [Strategy & The Birth of the Healthcare Consumer, 2014]
• Consumers, while mindful of premiums and deductibles are more swayed by which doctors are in their plans
Local PagePop has two proven mobile location advertising services that can deliver targeted ads during the critical open enrollment period. Our location-based services outperform non-location based ads in driving click through rates (CTR) and enrollment.
Deliver ads to consumers using geo-fencing during open enrollment period to target areas with likely health insurance shoppers. You determine how large you want to set the geo- fence to capture meaningful enrollments. Only consumers within the de ned areas will be served the ads.
Deliver ads to consumers that have searched for information on health insurance in the past. It’s real-world retargeting based on actual behavior.
Ways to Implement GeoFencing and GeoRetargeting:
There are many ways you can target consumers during annual open enrollment. Here are just a few campaign thought starters for inspiration – our team is here to help you brain storm others:
• Target specific consumer types within geo locations to nd potential enrollees
• Retarget prospective enrollees who have visited gyms or other tness studios during open
enrollment period with ads about your preventive care benefits
• Use mobile video in 10-, 15- and 30-second spots to spotlight key coverage benefits –e.g. a video of
a exercise class to showcase “stay healthy” benefits
• Leverage contextual location data such as weather, time of year to showcase coverage features –
e.g., spotlight preventive benefits like flu shots during winter flu season
• Include interactive information in ads – e.g., “doctor finder” to showcase all the places where
covered individuals can find health providers
The Case Studies:
National Health Insurance Company
Campaign Length: 10 weeks
Market Size: City – Select Cities & towns in PA
Background: Wanted to reach potential customers during the annual Open Enrollment Period, as this is when many people have the option to change or enroll in health insurance.
Solution: Used LBA to target geographic areas with high numbers of uninsured individuals.
Impact: 731K impressions
Public Services Department
Campaign Length: 1 month
Market Size: Large – Multiple DMA’s
Background: Wanted to make residents of large cities in North Carolina, Texas, Georgia, and Florida aware that they might be eligible to sign up for health insurance via the Marketplace during a upcoming enrollment period.
Solution: Targeted multiple DMA’s in 4 states with a variety of English and Spanish banners enticing users to click for more info if a life changing event had occurred. Some banners also mentioned the benefits of healthcare such as flu shots and check-ups.
Impact: 5,010,000 impressions