GeoFencing Case Study - Education
Drive awareness, consideration and registration among potential enrollments given that:
• Students (and their parents) rely on digital tools, both desktop and mobile, to research, vet and schedule educational institution visits
• Students and their parents/legal guardians are increasingly price conscious in a uncertain economy
• They are open to more uid educational experiences – e.g., part-time schooling, longer matriculation periods, etcs.
Local PagePop has two proven mobile location advertising services that can deliver targeted ads to educational service consumers. Our location- based services outperform non-location based ads in driving click through rates (CTR) and enrollment.
Deliver ads using geo-fencing to nd potential students in your catchment area. You determine how large you want to set the geo- fence to capture meaningful enrollments. Only consumers within the defined areas will be served the ads.
Deliver ads to students who have visited your location or have searched for educational institutions in the past. It’s real-world retargeting based on actual behavior.
Ways to Implement GeoFencing and GeoRetargeting:
There are many ways you can target potential students. Here are just a few campaign thought starters for inspiration – our team is here to help you brain storm others:
• Target speci c student types within geo locations – e.g., local high school students, neighborhoods near competitors’ locations
• Retarget past visitors with gentle reminders to enroll or call the admissions officer – e.g., “Thanks for checking us out –click now to speak with one of our admissions officers. They can answer any questions you might have.”
• Use mobile video in 10-, 15- and 30-second spots to spotlight a special offer or service– e.g. a video comparing costs and career success of your students vs national average
• Leverage contextual location data such as weather, time of year to showcase your school – e.g., spotlight graduation rates during springtime
• Include interactive features in your ads – e.g., “how to fund my education” estimator
The Case Studies:
Campaign Length: 6 months – 3 renewals
Market Size: Medium – Las Vegas
Background: Henderson State University wanted to drive traffic to their website to drive enrollment and build awareness of their affordable tuition.
Solution: Over the span of 6 months, they ran LBA campaigns targeting competing universities and local high schools with mobile banner ads. Henderson renewed their ad buy 3 times within a 6 month period.
Impact: Campaign 1 had 80,292 impressions, 342 clicks, and a 0.43% CTR.
Campaign 2 had 171,262 impressions, 747 clicks, and a 0.44% CTR.
Campaign 3 had 181,480 impressions, 552 clicks, and 0.30% CTR.
Midwestern Career Campuses
Campaign Length: 1 month
Market Size: City – Targeting High Schools in the Cincinnati Metro Area
Background: Great Oaks Career Campuses wanted to attract local high school students to their open houses to present the career training programs they have available.
Solution: Great Oaks used LBA to target High Schools in the area surrounding each of their four campuses.
Impact: 435K impressions